TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I confirm and agree that my Investment Account and all banking transactions between me (“the Client”) and Vanir Capital Limited (“the Fund Manager”) shall be governed by the conditions contained herein.
- Definitions: ‘our’; ‘us’; ‘we’ means Vanir Capital Limited
- Business day means a day on which Nigerian banks are open for business;
- ‘You’; ‘Your’ means the Client who is the person or persons in whose name the Investment is held.
- Vanir Capital Limited will not open or operate the requested investment portfolio unless and until it has received the required supporting documentation for the account
- Vanir Capital Limited is hereby authorized to undertake all “Know your Client” (KYC) procedures specified by applicable laws and/or regulations and/or company policies
- Vanir Capital Limited is authorized to transfer money from the Client’s Investment portfolio to any other account(s) maintained with Vanir Capital Limited whose balance is below the required minimum
- The Client agrees that Vanir Capital Limited will accept no liability whatsoever for funds handed to members of staff at any point in time outside banking hours or outside Vanir
Capital Limited ‘s premises
TERMS OF DEPOSIT
- The Minimum term for which the Client’s deposit can be held is ninety (90) days.
- The maximum term for which the Client’s deposit can be held is three hundred and sixty-six (366) days.
PAYMENT OF INTEREST
- The interest rate applicable to the Client’s tenor deposit is fixed at the time of lodgment for the whole of the nominated term. Vanir Capital Limited may vary the interest rates on offer for new term
or deposits at any time without notice.
- Interest is calculated monthly on the deposited principal, commencing on the first day of the lodgment term and excluding the date of maturity. Unless otherwise stated, the Client may choose one of
the following interest payment options:
- Interest credited to a nominated bank account every 30 days and/or maturity.
- Interest credited to a nominated bank account every 3 months and/or maturity.
- Interest credited to a nominated bank account every 6 months and/or maturity.
- Vanir Capital Limited will issue a renewal notice approximately one week prior to the tenor deposit maturing, unless the tenor was for less than 60 days. This notice will seek instructions for renewal
or redemption of the tenored deposits.
- Where instructions are not received prior to the date of maturity, Vanir Capital Limited renews the tenored deposit for the same investment terms as before or at the new prevailing rate applicable to the
new Tenor Deposit which may be significantly different, higher or lower, to the interest rate applied in the previous term as a consequence of market rate movements. Also, the investment terms giving the best
interest rates may change from time to time. It is recommended that the Client contact Vanir Capital Limited on or before the maturity date to determine if the rate that applies to the renewed deposit meets
WITHDRAWALS PRE-INVESTMENT MATURITY
- Where the Client requests to withdraw their funds prior to the maturity date, Vanir Capital Limited may, in its absolute discretion approve a request for early withdrawal in which case a prepayment
adjustment will be effected and an early withdrawal fee levied.
- Where an early withdrawal fee is deemed applicable due to withdrawal in advance of maturity, such fee shall be calculated at the rate of fifty per cent (50%) of the accrued interest that would have
been payable on the tenored deposit as of the date the early withdrawal request is processed by Vanir Capital Limited.
- The amount of the prepayment adjustment is calculated by Vanir Capital Limited considering the amount withdrawn, the length of time since the deposit was lodged as a percentage of the original term,
and the application of an adjusted rate of interest.
- Any communications by Vanir Capital Limited shall be deemed to have been made as soon as it is sent to the most recent address provided by the Client and the date indicated on the duplicate copy of
such letter or on Vanir Capital Limited ‘s mailing list will constitute the date on which the communication was sent.
- Vanir Capital Limited is hereby authorized to honor for and to the debit of the Client’s account (s) any and all payment instructions issued in accordance with the mandate for the Client’s account(s)
which bears or purports to bear the facsimile or electronic mail signature of the person(s) whose specimen signatures have been provided to Vanir Capital Limited by the Client.
All prospective and existing investors are to send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting Vanir Capital’s investment services. Upon receipt of this mail request, a Vanir Capital
representative will guide/advise the client on the related processes for registration.
Vanir Capital will not be held liable for unsolicited funds received without prior notice and will not pay interest on any individual’s/company’s funds that have not been
All funds to be invested in available Vanir Capital Investment products should be paid in – on or before the 1st day of any given month in order to receive interest payment for the month in question which
would be remitted on the 24th day of every month.
- 0.5% Flat on Total Principal Amount managed by Vanir Capital Limited during the year or tenor.
- This fee is the cost of having your portfolio professionally managed by Vanir Capital Limited. This fee is to be collected annually on the total principal managed by Vanir Capital Limited during the course
of the tenor and at the end of the year or tenor – whichever comes first.
- 5% On Accrued Interest monthly.
- This charge is mandatory and fixed by government. This is WHT (With-Holding Tax) which is 5% flat of every income earned as directed by law, and will be deducted from your monthly interest and remitted
to the FIRS (Federal Inland Revenue Service).
- A tax credit note will be provided to all the investors at the end of each year.
- 50% On Accrued Interest for the month in question
- The Pre-Liquidation charge is a penal charge implemented upon early liquidation (Part or Full) of investments. That is, if a choice is made to liquidate an existing investment before the agreed/specified
date. This charge would be calculated and deducted before the requested investment principals or returns are paid
Vanir Capital is devoted to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when accessing your account information, you can be assured that
such information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Vanir Capital has a firm policy of protecting the confidentiality and security of information that we collect from our Clients. We do not
share your non‐public personal information with unaffiliated third parties. Information is only shared with your consent except for the specific purposes below, in accordance with all applicable laws. Please read
this policy carefully. It gives you important information about how we handle your personal information. Vanir Capital reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
USE OF INFORMATION
We limit the collection and use of non‐public personal information to the minimum we believe is necessary to deliver superior service to you. Services can include advising you about our investments, services and
other opportunities, maintaining your account with us and administering our business.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We obtain most non‐public personal information directly from you whether in person, by telephone or electronically.
We may obtain the following information:
- First name, last name and job title
- Contact information including home address, email address, business address, home telephone numbers and business telephone numbers
- Bank Verification Numbers
- Employee Identification Numbers
- Banking information such as wiring information
- Accounts with us and transactions and interactions by us, with us or through us
We do not disclose any kind of non‐public personal information about our Clients or former Clients to anyone, except when we believe it necessary for the conduct of our business, or where disclosure is required by
law. Except in those specific, limited situations, without your consent, we will not make any disclosures of non‐public personal information to other companies who may want to sell their products or services to you.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for general account information. We may contact you by email or phone.
- We may use the information to customize our website to provide better service to you
- We are required by law to provide certain information, including Bank Verification Numbers and addresses, to the Internal Revenue Service and state and local taxing authorities
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and
secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to and regulate the provision of credit facilities advanced by Vanir Capital Limited (“the Company”). These Standard Terms and Conditions set out the terms governing this Loan
Agreement. It is important that you read these terms and conditions carefully and keep them for future reference.
- This terms and conditions shall commence on the effective date and shall continue until the facility is fully liquidated.
- Vanir Capital Limited agrees to advance the Loan and the Borrower agrees to take the loan subject to this terms and conditions as set out herein.
- Interest Rate
- The Annualized Percentage Rate of Interest (“APR”) for the direct Loan Accounts are determined by Vanir Capital in its sole discretion (subject to applicable laws and regulations) from time to time and also
as will be varied by the Company under sub- clauses B and/or C below.
- The interest rate is subject to review at the Company discretion
- Any change in interest rate will take effect on the Borrower’s account following a minimum of 7 days written notice.
- All charges will be capitalized into the interest calculation.
- Vanir Capital Limited will calculate interest on the daily balance outstanding (after adjustment is presented to the bank in the course of collection)
- Vanir Capital Limited shall compound interest on the loan at such interval as it shall solely in its discretion determine.
- Method of Payment
All repayments by the Borrower will be made by one of the following methods: Direct Deposit at Vanir Capital Bank Accounts, Cash deposit, Personal Postdated Cheques and Standing Order or through an
acceptable electronic channel. All other methods will be accepted with the Company’s consent only.
- The borrower will be given a dedicated and customized repayment plan together with this offer letter upon approval of the loan application
- The Borrower will be expected to make monthly repayments in accordance with the repayment plan
- The Borrower will be sent an electronic message or SMS every single day of the 5 days to repayment date before each monthly repayment date and the borrower hereby agrees that such notice shall
be conclusively deemed received by the Borrower needless of any further notice.
- The Borrower agrees to repay the Loan (principal accrued interest) in accordance with this terms and condition.
- The installmental repayment as calculated in the dedicated repayment schedule are done on the basis of payment at regular agreed intervals. If the due date for installmental repayment falls on a non-business
day, then the installmental repayment may be paid on the next succeeding business day, and charges may accrue in event that the holiday is not a Bank holiday.
- The Borrower may terminate the Loan Agreement and repay back all or any part of the borrowed amount on any day before the scheduled maturity date, by paying to Vanir Capital Limited, all interest, fees
and other monies then accrued or due under this Agreement as at the date of early repayment (whether or not yet payable).
- The Borrower hereby agrees that nonpayment of the amount owed to the Company by the Payment Due Date shall render the Borrower in default and entitles the Company to take steps to recover the outstanding
- Condition Precedence
At our request, you will be required to provide us with your latest 6 Month financial statements, contingent liability details and any other reasonable information relating to you and/or your financial affairs.
- Use of Credit Bureau
Upon duly filling the Vanir Capital Ltd loan application form, the borrower agrees that:
- The Company will approach a dedicated Credit Reference Agency for a credit report of the borrower upon considering any application for credit.
- The Borrower authorizes the Company to access any information available to it as provided by the Credit Agency.
- The Borrower also agrees that his/her details and the loan application decision will be registered with the Credit Agency.
- In the event the Borrower wishes to access the credit report, the Company will advise the Borrower of the contact details of the relevant credit agency and the Borrower waives any claims he/she may have
against the Company in respect of such disclosure.
- Representations and Warranties
The Borrower represents and warrants that:
- He/she agrees to accept this facility and has taken all necessary actions to authorize same upon executing the offer letter herein.
- He/she is not in default or under any obligation in respect of any borrowed money that the acceptance of this facility will be or result in breach of or default under any provision of any other agreement
to which the Borrower is a party.
- The information given to Vanir Capital Limited verbally or in writing in the formal loan application form is true and accurate.
- The borrower will utilize the loan for the purpose(s) for which it intimated Vanir Capital Limited about in their application for the loan.
- The borrower agrees that Vanir Capital limited will not be held liable for the postdated cheques provided by the borrower upon approval of the loan facility, in event that such loan is declined.
- The Borrower agrees that in the event this loan application is declined by Vanir Capital Limited, application documents shall not be returned to the Borrower.
- Events of Default
The occurrence of any of the following events shall cause all outstanding amounts under this facility to become immediately due and payable:
- If the Borrower fails to make a repayment or payment of principal, interest or other amount in respect of the loan on the date it was due to be paid; or
- If the Borrower breaches any of the terms and conditions in this offer letter including any representation or confirmation given by the Borrower in this loan agreement.
- Where the Borrower is unable to pay any other party within the meaning of Section 1 of the Bankruptcy Act (Cap 30) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria.
- Where a situation arises which in the opinion of Vanir Capital Limited makes it inappropriate for Vanir Capital Limited to continue to extend the facility to the Borrower.
- If the Borrower defaults in the performance or observance of any other term, condition or representation herein and such breach or default continues unliquidated after ten days’ notice shall have been
given to the Borrower.
- The Borrower fails to make repayment in full, on or before the payment date in accordance with the monthly repayment plan availed to the Borrower.
- Any representation, warranty or assurance made or given by the Borrower in connection with the application for this loan or any information or documentation supplied by the Borrower, is subsequently
discovered to be materially incorrect; or
- The Borrower by his Act or Omission prejudices the Company’s rights in terms of this Agreement and/or cause the Company to suffer any loss or damage.
- The borrower agrees to sign an indemnity form in event of further default and the adverse effect of defaulting further shall be deemed self-inflicted.
- Rights of The Company in Event That the Borrower Defaults
- The Company will on each Repayment Date collect the total amount payable by that date in accordance with the repayment plan schedule given to the Borrower. Where the Borrower fails to honor their
obligation to repay their total monthly repayment amount by the due date, the Company will attempt to collect the outstanding amount within the next twenty-four (24) hours.
- Where more than forty-eight (48) hours have elapsed since the repayment date and the repayment amount (total or partial) still remains outstanding, the Company will start calculating accelerated interest
at the rate of 1% per day of the amount due.
- Following the borrower’s default, the Company reserves the right to assign its right, title and interest under the Agreement an external Collections Agency who will take all steps to collect the
outstanding loan amount.
- The Company also reserves the right to start legal proceedings against the defaulting Borrower and is under no obligation to inform the Borrower before such proceedings commence.
- The Company will be entitled to terminate this Agreement (after service of any notice required there under) if the Borrower in any way perpetrates or attempts to or is involved in any act of fraud or
other criminal activity in respect of Vanir Capital Limited or the Loan, or if any information provided by the Borrower as part of the application is incorrect or misleading in any material manner. On
such termination, the Company reserves the right to demand repayment of the full loan amount with interest calculated in the same manner as in sub-clause (ii) above.
- Costs and Expenses
- The Borrower hereby agrees to pay all administrative costs, charges and expenses (including legal fees) reasonably incurred by Vanir Capital Limited in connection with the processing of this loan request.
- The Borrower hereby agrees to pay the accrued charges in the event that any of the repayment instruments issued by them in favor of Vanir Capital Limited is returned unpaid.
- The Borrower hereby agrees to pay all costs and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by Vanir Capital Limited in connection with any proceedings instituted by or against Vanir Capital Limited as
a consequence of entering into this loan agreement.
- Assignment and Disclosure of Information
- The Borrower consents irrevocably to any future transfer and assignment, however arising of the loan, whether as part of a loan transfer scheme or otherwise.
- The Borrower authorizes Vanir Capital Limited to disclose any information or documentation relating to the loan to the general public including but not limited to the borrower’s employer (where the
Borrower is in salaried employment), friends, family members and relatives, professional associations and any other body associated with the borrower in the event that the loan has ceased to be serviced
by the Borrower.
- Variation of Conditions
Vanir Capital Limited reserves the right at all times to vary the terms and conditions of the loan agreement. Any such variation will become effective upon notice to the Borrower by any means Vanir Capital
Limited considers reasonable in the circumstance.
- Set – Off
- Vanir Capital reserves the right to combine or consolidate some or all of the Borrower’s accounts with it without any liability to Vanir Capital Limited
- In event of default, Vanir Capital is authorized to Set off and transfer any sum outstanding to the credit of any such account in full or partial payment of any amount the Borrower owes to Vanir Capital
- This clause is in addition to and does not amend or qualify any other present or future right of Vanir Capital Limited to combine or set off any of the Borrower’s accounts with it.
- Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Means of Communication
The Borrower agrees that the Company may communicate with them by sending notices, emails, messages, alerts and statements in relation to this Agreement in the following manner:
- To the most recent address the Company holds for the Borrower.
- By delivery to any email address provided during the application process.
- By delivery of an SMS to any mobile telephone number the Borrower has provided to the Company.
- Vanir Capital Limited reserves the right to contact applicants Employers and/or Next of Kin or any other person who is of important standing to the borrower concerning loan details especially as it
relates to any case of default.
- If the Company does not strictly enforce its rights under this Agreement (including its right to insist on the repayment of all sums due on the Repayment Due Date) or grant the Borrower an indulgence,
the Company will not be deemed to have waived those rights and will not be prevented from insisting upon its strict rights at a later date.
- The Company reserves the right to transfer or assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement (including its obligation to lend money to the Borrower or the amount owed under this Agreement) to
another person. The Company will only tell the Borrower if such a transfer causes the arrangements for the administration of this Agreement to change.
- The company reserves the right to destroy all cheques (including post-dated) at the expiration of the loan or on payment in advance of installment by the Borrower.
- Any refund made to the Borrower for duplicate payment may attract a refund processing fee.
- Vanir Capital reserves the right to review, verify and screen all details, including but not limited to the loan amount applied for by the Borrower and the Lender is not bound to grant the exact loan
amount applied for by the Borrower.
- The borrower agrees to bring to the notice of the company about any change in Residential and /or office Address or any other change.
- The borrower agrees to provide a guarantor whose duty is to confirm the borrower’s existence and credibility.
- Applicants/Borrowers that submit fake or fraudulent documentation shall be reported to appropriate regulatory bodies, for prosecution and/or any other penalties as the regulatory body deems fit.
- The borrower also authorizes Vanir Capital Limited to present the repayment instrument issued by you (in favor of Vanir Capital) for the repayment of the Loan as and when due until the Loan has been
fully liquidated and if, for any reason whatsoever, your account is not funded at the time of presentation, you shall be criminally liable under the Dishonored Cheques (Offences) Act, CAP D1, LFN 2004.
Vanir Capital Limited is an asset, investment and financial projects management company; specializing in creating profitable returns to investors through the provision of viable products and services, in the short-term retail consumer loans, LPO financing, Venture capitalism and portfolio investment space to suit our clients.
- Our service is provided to you “as is,” without any representation, implied of any kind.
- “You” and “your” means the person who uses or accesses these Services.
- “We,” “us,” and “our” mean Vanir Capital and its Co-Founders, and Affiliates. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the service, the suitability of the content or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the service.
- You acknowledge that any reliance on any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk.
This Website is not for use by anyone below 18 years, you must represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age and are legally able to enter into a binding contract.
- Vanir Capital’s Website, which is provided without fee to you, is a public website on the Internet that is designed to allow Vanir Capital communicates with her users.
- This Website is owned and operated by Vanir Capital Limited, contains information, communications, text, graphics, links, audio, video, software, photos, sounds and other material and data. These contents are formatted, organized and collated in different forms that are generally accessible to Users including directories and databases.
VANIR CAPITAL’S WEBSITE CONTENT
- You acknowledge that Contents on this Website is generally provided by Vanir Capital Limited, and/or other Users of these Contents.
- You acknowledge that Vanir Capital’s Website permits access to Content that is protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary rights (including Intellectual Property Rights), and that these Intellectual Property Rights are valid and protected in all media existing now or later developed, your use of this Content shall be governed by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the Content contained on this Website. You acknowledge that Vanir capital exclusively owns the copyright to the presentation of all Contents on this webpage.
- You may not use this Website in any way that may be, damaging to this Website, to engage in any form of advertising or marketing, modify, copy, reproduce, communicate, distribute, publish, create unoriginal works and commercially exploit any of the Content.
- Other than the content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, Vanir Capital Limited own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved.
- Certain areas of this Website are restricted and Vanir Capital Limited may further restrict access to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion.
COMMUNICATION AND NOTICES